We are building an online community (because of your responses to the Listener Surey!) and are SO EXCITED TO SHARE IT WITH YOU (coming soon!)
What We Talked About:
- Transitioning from portfolio building/spec work to getting paid
- How we did it, how fast we did it, and how we would do it differently
- One size does not fit all
- Don't give your work away for free
- If people want to pay for your work, let them
- The difference between practicing & portfolio building
- Consider the time, material cost, talent, communication, etc that goes into your work (aka how to set price)
- Being uncomfortable with your pricing is totally fine
- Who to portfolio build with in the beginning & why
- Who to portfolio build with for forever & why (hint: other creatives)
- Offering a new service does not mean you are portfolio building
- Practicing is different than portfolio building
- Being careful with working for "exposure"
- Working well under pressure & why pressure is not a negative thing
- Testing the waters with portfolio building
- Charging your clients means you will serve them better
- We repeat: Putting a value on your work means you produce better work
- Be excited for the next phase of your business if you're in the portfolio building stage! It's exciting!
Check us out here!