What We Talked About:
- Interviewing Jamie Hyatt, photographer & blogger extraordinaire
- Why video can make a huge impression & relationship builder (aka it's how we met!)
- The different paths you can take that all make sense in hindsight (a la Steve Jobs)
- How to pick out what you love about different career paths (and what to do about it)
- Quickest way to find what you love: do it all
- Mentors need to be supportive. Fact.
- What happens when you put aside your passion, and what it takes to get it back
- Gaining confidence by playing with your art
- Doing NOT what you love is NOT sustainable
- "And with photography, there was no wall.. which was a huge inclination.. hello! This is what you're supposed to be doing."
- "I will give everything into something, because that's what people deserve, they dont deserve a portion of effort, they deserve all my effort"
- "Having someone who will push you forward in life is soooo key."
- The first few years in business = rough for everyone
- What you're supposed to be doing needs to flow
- "It hurts more to not do it than to do it"
- Having a business is much more than the craft
- Just TRYING to do what you love, and seeing where it goes
- The more you fail the better."
- "If you fail faster, you grow closer & you're growing quicker."
- How to rise to the occasion of a new challenge (trust yourself!)
- Reminding yourself that you're in charge
- How to hype yourself up (tell yourself you're the best)
- How to be self compassionate
- "I want to make sure that everyone involved is having the best experience."
- Setting expectations for everyone to be happy
- Putting yourself in the shoes of your client, even when you have never been in their position (photographing brides if you've never been a bride, for example)
- Everyone is going to be talking when you work with them, so make sure it's good
- "If they're not talking, it's not good enough."
- "Do not despise these small beginnings, for the LORD rejoices to see the work begin" Zechariah 4:10
- "The smallest of actions can reap such great rewards."
- "People can smell inauthenticity."
- "You want clients to know who you are."
- Your work is BETTER when you connect with clients
- "The reason why social media works is because people are dying to know what it's like to be someone else"
- Setting yourself up to be creative (schedule it in!)
- Not having to share your blog posts (newsflash!)
- Ebbing and flowing between facing and spacing
- Jamie is now open to international clients!!!
- How to put yourself in the shoes of your clients (be the client)
- Doing well in one field sets you up to be referred for all fields
- Putting your money where your mouth is
Check Out Jamie Hyatt Here:
Check us out here!
Periscopes: @paige_poppe // @asiacroson
Snapchat: @paigepoppe // @asiacroson